What is the annual information declaration?
AIS access process
The Annual Information Return is accessible on the Income Tax Electronic Filing website using the URL: https: // www. Incometax.gov. in/. You must log in to the electronic filing portal, then click on “Annual Information Declaration (AIS)” under the “Services” tab. Once the AIS home page opens, click on “View Summary of Taxpayer Information (TIS)” and “Annual Information Statement (AIS)”.
Information in AIS
The information available in AIS is as follows:
- Salary received by the individual
- Dividend credited
- Interest received on savings deposits and term deposits
- Professional technical fees / income received
- Proceeds from the sale of securities (stocks, bonds, mutual funds).
If the individual finds that some of the information given in the AIS is not correct, he / she can leave a comment for the modification of the information.
Point to note
- If the user is not already registered on the e-fi ling portal, he must first register before being able to access AIS.
- If there is a difference between the details of the tax paid as displayed in the Form26AS and the information displayed in the AIS, the taxpayer should rely on the Form 26AS for the purpose of filing the tax return. and other tax obligations.
The content on this page is courtesy of the Center for Investment Education and Learning (CIEL). Contributions by Girija Gadre, Arti Bhargava and Labdhi Mehta.